Saturday, June 21, 2008

Skipping Town in a Hurry

The Bruno Santo Elizabeth has set sail for broader horizons! My flight departed last night at midnight and we (my sister and I) arrived in Houston this morning at 6am. Everything went smoothly except for a couple of hiccups. After passing through security at the Portland Airport, I discover that I still have Analia's car keys. "Vicky!" I whisper insistently, "Analia's car keys!" Vicky responds with an annoyed look that says, "So what are YOU going to about it?" What a dilemma! An hour before our flight leaves and I hold the keys to my sister's fate for the next two months! I call Analia and she predictably reponds, annoyed, that there is no way that she is going to get to the airport, without a car, in less than an hour. I call Laura hoping that she'll be out partying, but she's already in her pj's, so I try Alex. He is gracious enough to come pick up the car keys and drop them off at Analia's house. Thank you, Lord! While we wait, Vicky and I test drive my digital camera. Homeland Security's Threat Level increases to savanna sunset.

No comments: